*The following is a courtesy republishing of an original blog post by TLD Registry Ltd.
Attendance was reported to be over 300 (triple vs. last year), consisting of registry operators, registrars, domain investors, the media and representatives from MIIT, CAICT, ISC and ICANN.
There were plenty of content and networking opportunities to keep one busy the entire day. This is just a partial list of some of the topics that were covered:
- Domain Name Industry Regulation. Review of 2016 and outlook for 2017.
- Internet development trends in China
- Domain industry development trends in China
- UASG: Where are we now.
- Report on Chinese IDN Universal Acceptance
- Roundtable: Domain names in the new era
- TLD entry license and review
- Evolution of DNS structure and security practices at China Telecom
- Trends of new gTLDs in the China Market
- Analysis of the Digital Assets ecosystem and its future
Our CEO, Mr. Arto Isokoski, presented on “Providing innovation to the Chinese domain name marketplace.”
He offered comments on the China opportunity, the importance of the digital economy, and upcoming Chinese IDN email
Our VP, Mr. Pinky Brand, participated in an extensive roundtable discussion: “Domain Name Market: The Next Step”
with representatives from CONAC, Rightside, GMO, 190.com
, West.cn, Yuwei, Domain.cn, RITT, and Afilias.
As at any domain name conference, one of the best benefits of attending is the opportunity to network! There was no shortage of opportunities to do so in Beijing, especially at dinner, where many of the “who’s who” of the China domain name industry were on hand to talk shop and visit with old and new friends.
In addition to the photos posted above, we’ve also created a short 3 1/2 minute video and photo montage to give you a taste of our day at the conference. We look forward to participating again! Enjoy.