For episode #4 of the iQ video blog series, we took a deeper dive into the world of managing domain name abuse with iQ’s resident expert and czar of managing domain name abuse for a variety of iQ clients, Mr. Steinar Grøtterød, officially Director of Registry Operations & Compliance at iQ.
I had the opportunity to get Steinar’s opinions on such matters as:
- How can a registry or registrar reduce the amount of duplicative and non-actionable abuse reports?
- How do you get off a blacklist or bad list?
- Should there be evidence standards from the reputation/blacklist providers?
- What’s up with ccTLDs and abuse?
- Why do European ccTLD operators, registrars, and resellers need to start paying attention to the NIS2 Directive?